Saturday, June 26, 2010

Answers & Info Corner

Alright, I was excited to see a question in my Comments section! My cute cousin in law, Jaime asked: "I have a problem with my foundation settling in the creases under my eyes. (I use bare minerals foundation. ) What can I do get to the "airbrushed" makeup effect? Thanks!" Well Jaime, you (and any other readers out there) ask & you shall receive. I am going to do an 'Answer & Info Corner' post every now & again. So send in your questions. Here is my answer to Jaime's question: I have found that a good daytime eye cream is a good solution. This one from MAC has caffeine & cucumber extracts in it & so it temporarily plumps up the skin, therefore, allowing the products that you apply afterwards (concealer, foundation) to go on smoother. It gives you more of an airbrushed affect & is treating the eye area at the same time. Another 'tip' that I like with this product is to take it with you throughout the day (like you would a lip gloss) & at any time (which should only be 1-2 times the rest of the day-MAX) you feel like you need a lil' touch up, just dab a little around your eyes. No need to add any more make-up over it, this will revitalize the make-up that you already have on, but keeps giving you that smooth affect you are after! And a little goes a long way with this eye cream.

MAC Fast Response Eye Cream
Nordstrom or maccosmetics.com for $30

Now, for some info that I thought I would pass along. Nordstrom is having their Anniversary Sale coming up in July, and what that means for you is that they have a lot of 'Beauty Exclusives' at a great price. You can pre-order right now online or even in stores (and most times, when you do a pre-order in store, they will give you some sort of BONUS present with your purchase, so be sure to ask them exactly what promo's they have going for the different products you want to buy!).

So, my two top picks are: First, the MAC Brush Set's are a sweet value (and are only sold at Anniversary & Holiday). It's a $125 value & is being sold as a set for $49.50! Literally, the blender brush alone (the one on the right) sells for $48 on it's own regularly & is by far my favorite brush- EVER! The blender brush can be used for foundation, bronzer, shimmer powder & blotting powder & is super soft! And this kit also comes with a liquid foundation brush, a blush brush & concealer brush. Just be sure to cleanse them regularly. My fave way to keep my brushes sanitary & nice & soft is clean them once a week (okay, sometimes once every 2 weeks, but whatev's) in luke warm water & baby shampoo (it's more gentle than regular). Air dry them on your counter over night & they will last & last. You will get such a better finish to your make-up when you apply it with good brushes. And MAC really makes some of the best out there. No Joke!

MAC 'Apply & Blend' Face Brushes
Nordstrom or nordstom.com $49.50
My 2nd pick is Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleanser in the Jumbo 32 oz size. Again a great value only offered twice a year. A $64 value sold for $42.50. This is my face wash that I swear by! Cleanses soooo well & doesn't leave your face feeling "tight & itchy" like some cleansers. Is great for ALL skin types. I have been using this product (& their whole skin care line actually) for over 6 years now & would never dream of switching. It has made THAT BIG of a difference to my skin. And this HUGE tub-o-goodness will last you a loooooong time! Fabu!
Philosophy Purity Made Simple 32 oz
Nordstrom & nordstrom.com $42.50



So, there you have it. Please keep those questions a coming! Loves.

1 comment:

Katee Reed said...

Hey Laura i have a question for you... i'm looking for a good eye shadow and suggestions?? i have green eye....