Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cheek Tint/Stain

My first official PRODUCT REVIEW! I am so excited!!! I decided to go with the cheek stain, I think it's just such a fresh take on blush and perfect for the hot humid summer months. I also think that a hint of blush on the cheeks brings a look of vibrancy & health to the face better than any other make up product. The cheek stain/tint's that I like the most are the kind that are gel based & then just dry down to a really pretty finish on the skin. They are also a great layering piece, if you start out with the stain & then do a little hit of powder blush on top, well there will be no stopping you & your hotness!!! They may look a little scary bright when you see them in the tube, but put them on & you will just get a nice sheer wash of color, that is build able, so add more if you'd like. I like to just tap it on my cheekbones straight from the stick & then blend it with my fingertips. Can't get much easier than that! And one of my favorite "tricks" is to buy a bright blush, so that it almost does look a wee bit scary to you, but then just do, like I said, a sheer application of it. It ends up looking so much better & actually more natural. So, I have chosen two of my faves to share with you. The first is the image that you see at the top, it's the limited edition NARS Multiple Tint. It comes in 3 shades: 'Cadaques'(a bright fuchsia, shown), 'Beverly Hills'(bright red), and 'Turks & Caicos'(bright orange). It's called a "Multiple" because it has 3 uses, you can actually use it on your cheeks, lips & eyes. I've tried it on my lips & cheeks (of course), but haven't yet tried out the eyes, to me it just seems like it would crease in an instant on my eyes. Gives a pretty 'my lips, but better' look to your lips, so that's a nice little side bonus of the product. All three shades are very wearable and flattering, but my personal fave is the 'Cadaques'. Available at Nordstrom & Sephora.com (online only @ Sephora, not available in their retail stores.) for $38 each.
So, now I am going to give you "The Look For Less", which I will try to do with all products, cause, hello!!! Who isn't on a budget these days? And plus, it's good to have options. So, the next cheek stain under review is actually sold in a set. And it is a pretty amazing value! It's valued at $179 (if you were to purchase the items separately) & then the regular price is $59 for the kit, but they have it marked down to $39(pictured above). It is sold exclusively at Sephora (in stores & online) & I believe that once this kit is gone, it is GONE. It is packaged as Lab Samples, which basically just means that it doesn't have the pretty packaging yet. So, you are basically getting some of their newest ideas in make-up & at a great price. I really like the cheek stain in this kit as well. It looks more like a deeper purple in it's tube, but goes on sheer. It has the same gel texture that I like. And, by the way, these stains will last you a long time, because a little goes a long way. Less is more with this product. And then, almost like a bonus, you get 5 other full sized products in this kit. The kit also includes: Waterproof Eye Shadow Palette (w/ 5 easy to wear colors), Brow Wax Pencil, Lash Detailer Mascara, Poured Photo Op (a skin brightener of sorts), O-Gloss Shimmer. And like the kit says, there is a lot of 'Beauty Breakthroughs' in this kit. If you want to read more about the different products that are offered in this kit, just go to Sephora.com (I have a link to their website on my sidebar, right). I could go on & on about some of the other items you receive, but I am just going to focus on the cheek stain for now. The other thing I like about this, is it is done by Smashbox, which is a very well respected high end beauty brand. So don't let the price tag fool you. Smashbox 'Master's Class Beauty Breakthroughs', $39 for the kit at Sephora.


Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, suggestions for topics, etc, please feel free to leave them in the comment section! Keep Glowing!

No comments: