Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Glow On

One of my favorite things to do to make your look go from good to YAWZA!!! is to add some shimmer powder. You need to strategically place it so that you don't end up looking greasy, you just look like you have this GLOW about you. So, take a powder brush & lightly brush it along the tops of your cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose, you can even take some & put it on your declote- especially focusing on your collar bones. Just a hint of shimmer there is uber sexy (perfect for a hot date with the huzzy). You can also take a smaller eyeshadow brush & use this to make your eyes sparkle, just add some to the inner corners of your eyes (right by the tear ducts). And add a little under AND over your eyebrow arch, to make it look more lifted. Use the same eyeshadow brush & add a teeny tiny bit right above & below the "pucker" part of your lips, that's right... your lips! It will make them look poutier.

Here are two of my picks:

MAC Irredescent Powder/Pressed in 'Belightful'
maccosmetics.com $22



And now "The Look for Less" version:

Wet n Wild Mega Glo in 'Starlight Bronze"
Walmart $3.50



*Since the Wet n Wild version is multi colored, make sure to use the lightest color (on the left) when you are illuminating your inner eye, eyebrow & lip pucker. Then feel free to swirl your powder brush over all of the colors to highlight the cheeckbones, nose & collar bone.


If you have never tried this trick...go for it! You will LOVE it! So pretty. It brings that extra somethin somethin to your face. GLOW ON!

4 comments:

Becky said...

You are awesome! I can't wait to see what your next tip is! :)

{We Are The Wade's} said...

Love your blog....I dont know if you remember me, but when the Qquirrh Mnt. Temple OPen House was going on, I told you that I found your blog and that I LOVED your hair!! I would love it if you can post some pictures of it haha. I really need to do something with my hair!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE these tips Laura! Thanks! I have a question for ya! I have a problem with my foundation settling in the creases under my eyes. (I use bare minerals foundation. ) What can I do get to the "airbrushed" makeup effect? Thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.