Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Perfumed

I am a bit obsessed with anything yummy smelling. I have always thought of my perfume as a part of my actual wardrobe. Kind of like it's the last accessory I put on before I step out the door. I just don't feel "ready" unless I have spritzed myself. And yes, I do have different techniques, they are: if it is a heavier Eau de Parfum than I spritz just on my wrists & then 1 spritz in the air & then I walk through it. If it an Eau de Toilette, I will spritz my neck, wrists & spray 2 times & walk through it. A lighter body splash literally gets sprayed ALL Over my bod & I always do a body lotion as a base for my fragrance to 'cling to' & last longer. Sometimes it is a lotion in the same scent as what perfume I am wearing, but sometimes it is just a complimenting scent & then I just sort of mix & match my fragrance & then it's like I have my own one of a kind fragrance just for mua. So, just play with it, I even will do a perfume & then spritz a body spray (say a yummy fruity one from Victoria's Secret or something) over it. Mixing is a good thing, as long as you do complimentary 'notes' in the fragrance.


Here are some of my go to perfumes....
Miss Marisa by Ebba $60 at luckyscent.com
Notes in this scent: plum blossom, cassis, fresh mint & waterlily.
LOVE this one for Summer!
Amazing Grace by Philosophy $40, sold at Sephora, Nordstrom & philosophy.com
This one has very light very clean floral notes.
This is totally an EVERYDAY fragrance! Great for those of you out there that are almost anti-fragrance. This is so clean & soft, it'll just be like you naturally smell great, not like "Oh, what kind of perfume do you have on?"
Child Perfume $53 at beautyhabit.com
This is a roll on oil formula, so a little goes a long way.
This is a very 'SEXY' fragrance, has floral notes.
I honestly save this one for a night out with my huzzy.
Little, silly back story with this one:
Back when I had just graduated from High School, I read an interview that Jenny Garth had done in 'In Style' Magazine & they told her she smelled so good & asked her what she was wearing? Her response, "Child perfume oil, it drives men wild". Well, of course, from that comment alone I was like 'I need that!!!' But alas, I didn't buy it until a few years later, after Mike & I were already married. So I can't tell you that it will drive ALL men wild, but I can say that Mike loves it when I wear it & always compliments me on it.
Angel by Thierry Mugler $75 at Sephora & Nordstrom
Has notes of: Honey, Dewberry, Red Berries, Vanilla, Carmel & Chocolate.
I wear this one year round as well, but seem to apply it more when it starts getting cold outside.

Now, on a completely different 'note', I got another question in my 'Comments'. Cute Katee asked me to recommend an eyeshadow that would be good for green eyes. Well, my love, of course I love MAC's eye shadows, they are $14.50 each & some of my fave colors (especially for your gorgeous greens) are: Cranberry, Trax, Sketch, Bronze & Antiqued. Another thing that I LOVE & that is less expensive is the Almay Intense I-color, the one shown below is made specifically for green eyes. This line takes all of the guess work out of 'What eyeshadow colors will work with MY eye color?' You just find the one that is made for your eyes (be them blue, hazel, brown, green...) & buy the pallet that is made for you. I like that this one comes with 3 shades that mix well together. In this line they also sell coordinating eye liner pencils, mascara etc... Love this line, genius!
Almay Inense I-color around $5 at Walmart & Target

Hope this helps Katee! And ladies, trust me on the perfumed thing, work it into your daily 'get ready' routine. Not only do you smell fab, but, for me at least, it puts me in a better mood! Spritz on!

6 comments:

Sorensen's *5 said...

I have a question Miss Laura! Can you wear any eye shadow no matter what color eyes you have? Because I like the thought of matching eye shadow to clothes, but I don't know if that is kosher!

Jen

Ku'uipo said...

With the Angel perfume I know you have to be kind of careful with that one. I know a few peeps that have tried that one and it doesn't agree with their chemistry in their body and ends up smelling sour on them...wierd right? But true story, I know 3 friends that it's happened to.
I really need to start wearing perfumes again. I used to everyday until I got pregnant the first time and smells made me sick. Especially perfumes...and all of them. I also love that you say, just a little...yes PLEASE! Oh yeah, and maybe no wearing perfume on a plane. Nothing worse than smelling everyones perfume in recycled air. Less is more and none is perfect in that case...LOL

I think I need to try child perfume and will have to give my mom those colors for green eyes! :)
Thanks!

Becky said...

Hmmm. I'm going to have to try some of these. :) I love this blog!

Johnston Family said...

Jen, my lovely, I hope you don't mind that I am answering your question in my 'Comment' section, I just thought that it went along beautimus with this post. So the answer is YES you can wear ANY color with ANY eye color. The way I answered Katee's question was more along the lines of if you want to totally accentuate the eye color you have. In that case you want to compliment the color, or off set it almost(if that makes any sence). But for just having fun, playing up your outfit vs. eyecolor, than by all means, match. Just have fun with it. As long as you don't make yourself look like you are stuck in a bad
80's music video (which I've never seen you do), then you are good to go!!! Hope this helps! :)

Sorensen's *5 said...

Thank you Laura! I am glad I am doing the right stuff with my makeup. I would hate going around looking like some 80's girl!!

Katee Reed said...

thanks for the help Laura!! I went to mac friday night and got some of those colors... when do you usually work the counter so I can come visit and get more advice?