Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Luscious Lashes


My fave tricks to maximizing your lashes:

1.Start by curling them with an eyelash curler.

My top pick:

"Shu Uemura" Eyelash Curler $19 at Sephora & Nordstrom

Clamp over the base of the lashes & hold for 3-5 seconds,

move up to center of lashes, reclamp & hold for another 3-5 seconds.

2. Apply 2-3 coats of lengthening mascara.

My top pick:

"Cover Girl" Lash Exact in 'Very Black' $6 at Target & drugstore.com

Start at base of lashes & wiggle the wand back & forth going

upward towards the tops of your lashes.

3. Apply 2 coats of thickening mascara.

My top pick:

"Cover Girl" Volume Exact in 'Very Black' $6 at Target & drugstore.com

Again start at base of the lashes & comb through to tops of lashes.

4.Apply a dark eyeliner right up against lashes (makes them appear fuller/thicker).

My top pick:

MAC Fluidline in 'Blacktrack' $15 at Nordstrom & maccosmetics.com

Use a slanted eyeliner brush to apply.

My top pick:

MAC 266 Small Angle Brush $19.50 at Nordstrom & maccosmetics.com

5. I personally hardly ever wear mascara on my bottom lashes, but if you like to

then my tips for that are:

*Just apply one coat evenly over lashes in a waterproof formula.(I only like

waterproof for bottom lashes, NOT top. And I only like it for the bottom ones so

that you don't get the smudging issue under your eyes)

My top pick would be any of the above mentioned mascara's but in a waterproof formula.

So, go on.....LASH OUT!!!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

The two mascaras totally make a difference. My lashes look tons longer since I started using that first. Thanks!

Katee Reed said...

i'm glad to know i'm not doing this one wrong haha i paid attention at GC!!